Q: How to proceed with my first LPG order?
A: You can order via mobile App or direct call in to our service center.
- You can download the app “Fuel My Life” in App Store and Google Play Store.
- Open a new account via direct call in
- Union Gas Hotline: 6316 6666
- Sungas Hotline: 6565 6565
Q: How to proceed after I had completed the “Fuel My Life” download in my mobile?
A: After installation, you can click on the New Registration tab and fill in your particulars
Click “Start Fueling” and key in the Verification Code.
Click “Start Fueling” and key in the Verification Code.
Q: Type of accessories needed when installing the LPG cylinder?
- LPG Cylinder
- Gas Regulator
- Hose Clips
- All joints and connections
When our drivers do the 5 points check, they check for possible gas leakages on these
5 points and the expiry dates of the hose and regulator.
Q: How many LPG cylinders I can keep in my house?
A: According to SCDF regulations, only 2 bottles are allowed in every household
Q: How many types of LPG cylinders are available?
- 7kg – suitable for outdoor events
- 9kg – suitable for outdoor BBQ stoves
- 14kg – suitable for domestic household stoves
- 50kg – suitable for commercial restaurant usage
Q: How much does an LPG cylinder, hose and regulator costs?
- The price of cylinder varies from time to time. Stay tuned to our latest updates in our “Fuel My Life” app
- The price of the hose is starting from $10 per meter
- The price of the gas regulator is $50
Q: How to check the expiry date of the regulator and hose.
A: The regulator is valid for 5 years and the hose is valid for 2 years. The expiry dates are printed on the equipment.
Regulator: 5 years
Hose: 2 years
Q: I have observed some water droplets form on the surface of the cylinder when I am cooking?
A: When the pressure is high, the LPG cylinder will experience condensation, which causes formation of water droplets flowing down the cylinder. This is usually due to cooking at high pressure for long periods of time.
Q: I have observed the change of flame color (orange or red) when I am cooking?
A: The flame turns orange or red due to the following possible reasons:
- Incomplete combustion: lack of sufficient oxygen for combustion to take place. Open windows for more ventilation to improve combustion
- Contaminated equipment: dirty and contaminated equipment may cause the flame to turn orange or red. Clean the stoves and the joints to resolve the issue.
Q: How to monitor the usage of my LPG and when I need to order?
A: Customer can try to observe the trend of how much they consume for 1 to 2 months and use it as a gauge for future orders.
Q: Why is there a pop sound when customer lights up the stove sometimes?
A: When the gas is released from the cylinder, there may be high pressure pushing the gas to the stove, resulting in a pop sound.
Q: Whenever there is a replacement of cylinder, why sometimes there is no flame or weak flame even though it’s a new cylinder?
A: As there is air in the cylinder, the air needs to be released out first before transmitting to the stove. This normally happens to new cylinders. Customer can try to ignite the flame a few times to see if the flame comes out.
Q: There is a gas leak situation at my house. Who should I report and seek assistance?
A: When there is a gas leak situation, please call us at 6316 6666 and we will inform our driver or sales manager to attend to you as soon as possible. Please also call 995 to report the incident to SCDF.
Q: Where can I store my LPG cylinders?
A: LPG cylinders must be placed in well ventilated locations away from ignition sources like electrical devices and flames.
Q: How to ensure safety usage of LPG cylinders?
- Whenever there is a new installation, our drivers will conduct a 5-points safety check after installation.
- The 5-points safety check will be conducted every April, August and December.
- Do not smoke in front of the cylinder as our bare eyes are not able to detect the leaking of LPG gas.
- All regulators and hose should be installed by our trained drivers only
- When you are cooking you hear unusual sounds or smell coming out from the cylinder, please turn it off immediately and call 6316 6666 for more enquiries.
Q: Are LPG cylinders dangerous?
A: If used and handled in accordance with safety procedures, the use of LPG is safe to use. Please see below for the safety procedures:
- LPG cylinders must always be stored and transported in an upright position
- If there is any LPG appliance or stove that fails to ignite immediately, turn off the gas supply and ventilate for at least three minutes to allow any gas to disperse before attempting to reignite again.
- If there is any suspected leakage detected from the cylinder, turn it off immediately and call 6316 666. We will send our driver to investigate the issue.
Q: Is LPG toxic or poisonous?
A: LPG is considered as non-toxic.
Q: How to detect possible leaks from LPG cylinders?
A: In their natural state, LPG is an odourless gas. The distinctive smell that people associate with these gases are added to them as a safety measure.
Ethyl Mercaptan, a chemical odorant is added to LPG to make it easier to detect gas leaks.
The smell is best described as either rotten eggs or rotten cabbage.
If you still experience the same issues after trying out the above-mentioned methods, please call us at 6316 6666 and we will inform our driver or sales manager to attend to you as soon as possible.
Q: May I know the LPG delivery time?
A: During non-peak period, the estimated delivery time is between 30mins to 45mins
Q: May I know the Union Gas operating hours?
A: Mon to Sat (7am to 8pm), Sun & Public Holiday (7am to 7pm)
Q: Are there any delivery charges involved?
A: Delivery charges are included in the cylinder price.
Q: What are the payment modes available?
– Cash or Cheque payment to our Drivers
– Payment through our mobile wallet in the App.
Step 1: Log in to “Fuel My Life” and click LPG products
Step 2: Choose LPG or Hobs and Hoods
Step 3: Choose the product you wish to purchase and click next page
Step 4: Add to cart
Step 5: Item added successfully and proceed to check out
Step 6: Proceed to confirm and checkout
Top up of U Wallet
Step 1: Log in to “Fuel My Life” and select U Wallet
Step 2: Choose the credit top up and click next page
Step 3: Add to Cart
Step 4: Confirm your order and check out
Q: How can I change my password in the “Fuel My Life” App?
A: Please click on the tab Forget Password and key in your new Password
Step 1: Open up the app “Fuel My Life and click Forgot Password
Step 2: Key in your handphone number and Click Get Code
Step 3: OTP will be sent to your registered phone number
Step 4: Key in the OTP and press Submit